The future is before us in the form of a New Year, full of challenges, hope, blessings, and promise. Just like a new dawn on an open horizon, the possibilities are limitless. So, here is my formula for starting things off right and winning in 2017.
1. Forgive all who have hurt you and ask forgiveness of those you may have hurt.
2. Commit yourself to the Church. Be a faithful attender and attend both Sunday and mid-week services.
3. Pay any back tithes and offerings before this year ends. If you are able, sow a seed toward a harvest in the New Year.
4. Focus on someone or some family you could reach in the New Year.
5. Get active in a Sunday school class, LifeGroup, choir, as a nursery volunteer…. get involved sowing into the lives of others with your time and talent.
6. Set a plan to read Scripture and pray daily.
7. Be open to the Holy Spirit and His leading in your daily life.
8. Try to be proactive about health, diet and exercise. YOUR body is HIS temple.
9. Take joy where you find it and live thankfully each day… life is precious.
10. Live focused on God’s vision and do not let the small stuff bug you.
11. View life on earth as an exciting journey, not as a finish line.