“To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven:”
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1
Yesterday morning at Abba’s House, my staff shared a letter from me to the congregation, and I wanted to share it with you now.
For some time the Lord has been speaking to Paulette and I about not only our legacy, but His plan for the church’s and our future. I will be 70 this year, and feel I still have much to offer the church and the Kingdom as does Paulette. Along with our Pastor’s Council and other leadership, we feel it is God’s will that Dr. Ronnie Phillips, Jr. assume the role of Lead Pastor beginning in January 2018. We will joyfully and faithfully continue to serve Abba’s House as Pastor Emeritus and Paulette as an Assistant Pastor .
1. I believe I can lengthen my service by shifting the yoke of leadership to stronger and younger shoulders. The priests of Israel did not “bear the yoke” after 55 years of age, though they continued to serve.
2. We can grow faster with a younger leadership team that have a vision for the generation rising. Our growth can be much stronger than it is now.
3. Your Pastor’s Council has an exciting restructure plan that will lead the church to be able to embrace the rising generation; including building, staff, media, outreach, and revenue streams.
4. Ronnie and Kelly are ready and strong with vision to touch all of our area, to the ends of the earth. They are both children of this house and love you and the greater Chattanooga area.
5. Our staff has embraced the change wholeheartedly and some will be serving in new callings.
6. I sense and apostolic calling to not only serve Ronnie and Abba’s House but the many church’s and missions that look to us for leadership. I will extend your influence around the nation and the world.
7. I feel that there are things that I can do for the future of our civilization that require me to be away more than a true pastor can be. I need to war a good warfare for you nationwide.
8. I need you to know that I will go to heaven serving this congregation. I will be preaching often…doing television with Ronnie as needed…and serving you .
Now, I need you to embrace Gods plan with all your heart and soul. I need you to be patient and loving as the changes are implemented across the next year. Wonderful and exciting things are coming from God for us all. Please pray and be fully supportive and watch what the Holy Spirit does.
Pastor Ron Phillips
One reply on “A Time for Transition”
Shalom, pastor. RON,jr. May God Bless and use Sr. Ronnie.
In a Mighty way with double Anointing Spirit of Our Lord JESUS Christ.
Pastor George Moluguram.Hyderabad.India.